Jelly Head

If only Jelly Head could move from her PC. It's for studying, gaming, watching films, staying sane, talking, eating, drinking, and a playground for her chocobo Henry *sigh*. If only Jelly Head could move ...

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Blog Aims and Objectives

This is what I'll be adding to my blog over time
Aims
1) A 'How to do a PhD' section (about supervisors, writing tips, research tips)
2) A 'How not to do a PhD' section (from the viewpoint of a proscrastination extraordinaire, i.e. start a blog!, playing World of Warcraft)
3) How I prepared for my eventually successful PhD funding application (tips on preparation)
4) A 'I Hate Statistics' post - that will be full of rantings and screwed up SPSS files (and maybe a few tips, i.e. Monte-Carlo's Parallel Analysis - it's so simple yet so clever!). Jeez what a stats geek :D
5) How I got to be a game-tester (see Ideaworks3D link)
6) In Loving Memory 1 - a section for my lovely dad who went off on his big adventure last year
7) In Loving Memory 2 - a section for my lovely best friend Jane who went off on her big adventure last year
8) Games - my opinions of games I've played/am playing
9) And of course, how could we forget, pictures of my Henry and stories of his antics

Objectives
1) Not to fiddle with things I know nothing about. I am however, open to new experiences ;)
2) Have friends on online to help with your scripting cock-ups (thank you Mickey)
3) Have other friends online as back-up (thank you Steev)
4) Have friends that will show you how to put your blog as a clickable link on your gmail account (thanks Phil(l)ip)

And finally
I hope to write something that's made me laugh that day and/or share some idiotic antic I've subjected myself to (the more usual option, although I understand that sometimes you have to be there).

Todays lol - my keyboard keeps having dicky fits. So when I tye somehing i loks like his. My friend Steev did the same today when we were chatting on MSN just so I didn't feel left out. It was a bit Rolf Harris.



Think that's it for now. I'm off to my IGDA meeting soon.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It loks lke yor blg is comng n grat! ;)

     
  • At 8:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    r u sre ths nt jst nu txt spk?

     
  • At 9:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    In your "how I prepared for my eventually successful PhD funding application" section, are you going to recommend getting a Silas to keep battering you with the importance of what you're ACTUALLY doing?

    Just a thought, because they're quite helpful these Silas folks ;)

    --
    silas

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker